Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 30

I did 50 flights of stairs in the hotel.  It was a 4-star stairwell because the decor was pleasant and the air was reasonably fresh.  We arrived at our destination early on purpose so we could enjoy the McCrory Gardens.  Much of the walking area was on grass, so I took off my shoes and enjoyed walking on the grass barefoot.  It was delightful. Then we walked around the arboretum next door.  After we got to our hotel we walked on a recreational path that conveniently runs in back.  I'm not sure how many miles we walked but I got over 16000 steps on the fitbit so after subtracting 3500 for the stairwell, that's over 12000, so probably about 4 miles today.  Pretty good for a travel day.

The 4-star stairwell:


The gardens:








The arboretum

The recreational trail:

These birds were having too much fun jumping onto and swaying on the reeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment