Sunday, May 21, 2017

may 21--WWAATTHD?

What would an Appalachian Trail Thru-Hiker do?   Yesterday when I walked in the rain, I thought about the AT hikers I read about who had rain for 20 days in a row.  Today I walked 9 miles and thought, that's nothing compared to an AT thru-hiker's day.  I'm sure the obsession will fade but it's pretty fun and inspiring right now.  And 10 miles a day actually feels really good.  I'd like to do that every day.  I remember when I was a kid living in Germany, we did a lot of Volksmarches, either 10, 20, or 30 km.  I remember after doing one, I seemed to have more energy and could run faster.

Anyway, I walked to and from church today, first following the bike path which I haven't done in a while, and then taking a longish detour along Starkweather Creek.

Here's the bike path:

is someone chopping this down?  a beaver or human?

Starkweather creek


There are still lots of pretty flowering bushes and trees.

The Thai Pavillion at Olbrich.

No comments:

Post a Comment