Thursday, May 18, 2017

may 18

Today I didn’t have to get groceries so I decided to do an easy, slow, and shorter walk in my vibram shoes to practice walking barefoot (almost).   I’m re-learning how to walk when I walk barefoot.  I use my hips more, I stick my stomach out more, and my gait is different.  I find that all very interesting to observe.  I walked 1.5 miles to Edna Taylor Conservation Park.  There I walked 2.5 miles on trails there and then walked 1.5 miles home.  About halfway through I realized I was going to be late getting home so I walked faster.  So much for a slow walk.  But that turned out fine.  I like walking fast barefoot too.   The thing I loved most was walking on the trails.  It felt so good having my feet more in touch with the terrain.  I kind of get why people talk of this as spiritual. And it was also nice to let my feet move their muscles in a way they were intended to and to observe it.

On the way home I might have saved an earth worm stranded on the side walk.  I poured water on him since he looked like he needed it, then scooped him up and put him in the grass.  Scooping up worms is tricky--I need to start bringing a tool to help me with this.  Worms are cool.

Here are pictures from my walk:



I've heard bad things about this chemical.   I'm surprised the Arlo Leopold Nature Center (adjacent to Edna Taylor Conservency) is using this.  I assume they know what they are doing...




Oh, we had family visiting and went to Obrich gardens this afternoon.  I probably walked another mile there.  Here are a few pictures from that:


turtle:


2 comments:

  1. I love learning about the different way of walking when whenwalking barefoot. So in touch!

    ReplyDelete