Friday, May 12, 2017

May 12

This morning I did what I hope will be a regular walk to the co-op.  It's 7 miles round trip and I get my groceries.  It's a beautiful walk along the lake and in neighborhoods.   It's a beautiful time of year as you can see by the pictures.  I did some bear crawling in Olbrich park, ran up a steep grassy hill (short), and played in a playground, doing some chin-ups (feet on the ground so assisted!), monkey bar ladder (feet on the ground again), went down the slide a few times (fun!), and swung on the excellent swings (perfectly suited to kids of all ages!).  That was fun!  Then there was the walk home with the groceries in my backpack.  Not quite the appalachian trail but still awesome.

Then this afternoon I spent a few hours digging in the compost pile and hauling dirt.  That was a workout!

My fitbit recorded 27 thousand steps.  I'd like to get at least 25000 because that's probably about 10 miles of walking.







No comments:

Post a Comment