Thursday, May 25, 2017

May 25

Today I walked 7 miles in the morning, the grocery run, then 5 miles in the evening.  I also had 3 long meetings with people.  I am exhausted and I think it's from the meetings much more than the walking!   Actually the first meeting was only an hour and it was too short as it was with a friend on the way home from the store, and it was wonderful.  The other two involved paying attention to things I didn't care too much about even though in one case it was important (bathroom remodel) and in the other it was an old colleague, and it's polite to be interested even if it's about stuff I'm no longer interested in.    My total fitbit steps were 30,000.  Tomorrow will be another hectic day, but hopefully with a walks and bike ride interspersed.   I walked with my xero shoes this morning--a little too small unfortunately--and some no-heel shoes but not barefoot shoes in the afternoon.   I can see the potential in the xero shoes when I get the right size.  You really walk like you are barefoot and I feel no pain even though it's harder on my leg and foot muscles because they are being used in ways they aren't used to.

Here are pics from my morning walk...



Fortunately one of the meetings was at the terrace.  That made up for long conversations
 I haven't been downtown in a while so the walk home was enjoyable

 and now I'm back in familiar neighborhoods


No comments:

Post a Comment