Monday, May 22, 2017

may 22

What a beautiful morning it was for my walk.  I went to the grocery store--didn't need much but it's my favorite walk and it meant I get to eat more carrots which I love.  It was the usual 7-mile walk.  I ran into a friend and we walked and talked with her daughter who I adore and only get to see a few times a year so that was a real treat.  I did my usual bear crawl in one park and playing on on the playground in the other.   In the afternoon I mowed the lawn.  That put me over my fitbit goal of 25000 steps per day so I'm happy.  

The middle school kids were playing in the park during my journey to the store, and then I had it to myself on the way back.

lots of baby ducks abound.

The tulips are mostly gone and the poppies are coming in!  I love poppies!   We tried growing them in our yard but the rabbits like to eat them.


2 comments:

  1. Great day! How fast do you walk? 2 hours for 7 miles? - kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like 3 hours including shopping and playing around. I go about 3 miles per hour, maybe a little slower right now as I'm learning to walk with barefoot shoes.

    ReplyDelete