Monday, May 29, 2017

May 29

This morning I did a 3 mile walk, thinking it might be the only walk I do because we were traveling.  But M discovered that there is a state park near our destination so we packed up more quickly than planned and headed to Perrot State Park, along the Mississippi River.  What a wonderful treat that was.  We hiked along the river and then I climbed up onto Brady's bluff and got a wonderful view.  My GPS watch recorded 3 miles and 981' elevation variation, though the bluff itself is only a 500 ft climb.  I wore my vibram 5-toe shoes and boy did they feel great.  I think they make me feel more alive.  Then I rode my bike on the Great River Trail for 7 miles (wearing regular shoes).  What fun.  Then it was past time to get to our hotel.  This park is beautiful and deserves many repeat visits, with the kayak too!

I took a gazillion pictures but am sparing you most of them.

Here was my walk this morning:

Perrot State Park, down at the river:

Starting to climb the bluff:





No comments:

Post a Comment