Friday, May 19, 2017

may 19

Today I walked to the co-op with my big backpack.  I was going to wear my vibram shoes, but it was cold and the radar looked ominous, so I wore my boots and rain gear.  I did my usual bear crawl in one park and playing in the playground in another, and the distance was the usual 7 miles.  I weighed my pack when I got home and it was 20 lbs.

This sculptured lilac bush smelled great, like they all do:


These elephants made me chuckle.

Lake Monona.

I decided I needed a new profile picture.  Here it is, with my groceries in the backpack.

Here is my specially designed sidewalk worm rescuer.  I will report on it's effectiveness later.

I can dream... 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for enabling comments! yeah! Great new picture. I walked to shopping today too, but my backpack was way too heavy to carry. I used my foldable luggage cart to get it home. Your daily walks are very inspiring. Do you have one of the super lightweight backpacks? Mine is Gossamer Gear. Super light. BTW, I think those elephants are wooly mammoths... yikes! - kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a super lightweight backpack. I am very curious about those. It sounds tempting. ha, thanks for correcting my misidentification of the mammoths!

    ReplyDelete