Thursday, June 8, 2017

June 8--Rocky Mountain National Park

Today I did three walks at Rocky Mountain National Park totalling 7 miles and about 1000 ft elevation gain.  They were all easy hikes.  Many of the trails are snow covered.  That was pretty fun actually.  I learned to sort of ski down the hills.  I wore boots for the first time since my backpacking trip in April for the snow-covered trail (Bear Lake to Dream Lake).  Then back to my vibram two-shoes for a hike to Alberta Falls.  That was fun because I played in the streams and the snow.  I sure love those shoes.  We also walked around Sprague Lake and Bear Lake.

I've been telling Marilyn I need a trail name.  The Appalachian Trail thru-hikers have trail names.  You are supposed to be given a name though some people choose their own.  Yesterday Marilyn took a picture of me and said I looked contemplative.  I said I was debating whether I'd have sugar snap peas or carrots when I was done with the hike.  Of course I chose carrots.  Marilyn said that should be my trail name:   Carrot Kid.   I think it's appropriate.  I hike with them all the time.  People see me eating them and say "ooh that looks good."  Maybe they'll start eating them too.   I like the sugar snap peas too.  That would be a good trail name too but they aren't as easy to find in any grocery store as carrots.









No comments:

Post a Comment