Wednesday, June 7, 2017

June 7--Vedauwoo, Wyoming

This is one of my all-time favorite hikes, at Vedauwoo Recreational Area near Laramie WY.  And the second part may have been my all-time favorite hike.  The first was on the Turtle Rock trail.  This is a 3-mile walk around a big rock feature called Turtle Rock of course.   It has everything--trees, lakes, rocks, lots of birds, and today, blue sky.  I got to scramble up on the rocks as much as I wanted.  This is one of my favorite things to do!  This was my third time doing this hike, and the first two I actually mountain biked on it.  I'm impressed I did that.  I was pretty good at it.  But it was too dangerous and I had some scary crashes, and a broken wrist after one--lucky it wasn't worse.

After the walk around Turtle rock I did the 0.6 mile hike up the box canyon.  This was 0.4 miles on a mostly flat trail, and then you hit the walls of the canyon.  And you just scramble up the canyon. IT WAS SO FUN!!!!!   SO FUN!!!!!!!!

According to my GPS watch, with all the scrambling, I logged 5 miles and 1000 ft elevation.

My internet is very slow so I can't load any pictures.




1 comment:

  1. Never heard of this spot, so I looked it up. You are on quite the adventure. I'm glad the hike was less treacherous than the bike ride. Yikes. -kristi

    ReplyDelete