Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 6--Medicine Bow Rail Trail

The Medicine Bow Rail Trail is about 40 miles southwest of Laramie, near the Snowy Range, which we saw in the distance.  This is up in the mountains, at 9000 ft elevation.  We started at Wood Creek trailhead, which I want to remember for next time because the bathroom was locked--so don't start there next time.  The next trailhead up, Lincoln Gulch did have a nice working bathroom.   The scenery was interesting, except for the part where we detoured around some private land and were on dirt roads. Fortunately, that is the only segment of the 22 mile trail with this feature.  We walked 3 miles out, and then thunder, hail, and light rain beckoned us back to our car at a brisk pace.  That added some adventure to the day.

I really wanted to do another hike in the afternoon but thunderstorms threatened.  So I climbed 50 floors that the hotel, which is harder in the afternoon than the morning!  And I did a little bear crawling.  I also did my 2 am yoga last night.  I do that about 75% of the time--not because I want to.  Who wants to get out of bed at 2 am?  But my body sort of makes me do it, and I sleep a lot better afterwards.

Pictures from the morning walk:


a few snow patches remain from winter:


No comments:

Post a Comment