Friday, April 28, 2017

Yearlong Challenge

I don't have much time to post right now, but I want to walk or do stairs every day for a year.  I've been walking every morning lately and it's been really enjoyable.  It seems to have the benefits of both exercise and meditation.  I want to do this every day.  However, it may not be possible, especially when we travel.  But when we travel I can always do stair climbing in the hotel.  So that can be my backup.  Here are my goals:
  1. walk at least 3 miles at once if possible.  There's something about going for an hour at least that resets my brain and makes me happy.   
  2. walk more during the day if possible.
  3. walk within an hour of waking up, if possible.  Something about that morning walk makes me happy all day long.
  4. if you can't walk in the morning, start the day with 50 flights of steps.   Then try to get a walk in later in the day, or more stair climbing
  5. do other exercise if possible later in the day:  e.g., body work, biking or yoga.
  6. when you can, take a picture and log it here with a note.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I enjoyed your year of biking so am looking forward to your year of walking. In the past month, I've been walking more and driving less so I know how satisfying it can be. I got a little luggage cart so I can do more shopping by foot. Enjoy! -Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristi! Maybe you should blog about it too, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete