Saturday, April 29, 2017

Apr. 29

I’m traveling and there’s not usually many walking opportunities at my hotel besides the treadmill which I don’t enjoy so much.  What I don’t mind for some reason is climbing the stairwells and bear crawling the hallways, ha.  So this morning I climbed 50 flights of stairs.  I've done this enough times that I've started giving ratings to the stairwells.  This one was 4 star, which is quite high.  The reason it got a high rating was that the doors were open on each floor so the air was fresh.  This is a rarity in hotel stairwells.  5 star would include windows, another rarity.  Here is the beautiful scenery of today's stairwell:

And here was the scenery in the hallway:

I crawled forwards and backwards and sideways.

Then we got an extra bonus at the end of the day!   We arrived at our destination a little early, and the forecast thunderstorms went north of us, and we googled to see if there were parks nearby, and there was a fabulous park with every kind of activity you could imagine only about a 10 minute drive away.  So we walked about 3-4 miles in a beautiful setting with lots of woods, birds, trees, hills.  It was lovely and unexpected.  We are going to start searching out more opportunities like this on our driving days.  Here are some pictures from the hike:



No comments:

Post a Comment