Sunday, April 30, 2017

Apr 30--Smoky Mountains

I started off today with my 50 flights of stairs at the hotel and bear crawling the hallway.  Here's today's stairwell.  This gets a 3-star rating which is good.  The decor was reasonably nice, but the air was a bit stale.  However, some people use the stairs to go down for breakfast, so it did get a little fresh air from the doors opening occasionally.



At a few of our rest stops, Marilyn was shopping so I walked around outside.  Then we were fortunate to be able to hike at our destination, the Smoky Mountains.  Yippee!   We went to Laurel Falls.  It's a 2.6 mile hike but I logged about 4 because I scrambled around and went back and forth while Marilyn took lots of pictures.  So it was a good walking day.

Here I am coming back down the trail to say hi while she's photographing:


I don't know what kind of lizard this is, but it's pretty.


The mountains, yea!

Big ole' millipede (I think).  I showed my shoe and a phamphlet for scale.

The falls.

It was a good day for walking, considering it was also a longish driving day!   My fitbit logged 17,853 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment